Is what we discuss in therapy confidential?
I take confidentiality very seriously and will handle all information you share with me with great care. You have the legal right to confidentiality in a therapeutic relationship and it is my responsibility to protect your information. In most situations, I will not disclose anything discussed in treatment without your written permission; however, there are certain exceptions in which I am legally required to break confidentiality. Those circumstances include:
If there is reasonable suspicion of the abuse or neglect of a child, elder, or a dependent adult. In that situation, I am legally required to file a report with the appropriate state agency.
If a client threatens to harm him/herself, I may be required to seek hospitalization for the client, or to contact family members or others who can provide protection.
If I believe that a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another, I am required to take protective actions, which may include notifying the potential victim, notifying the police, or seeking appropriate hospitalization for the client to ensure safety.
If a court of law issues a subpoena or if a client is being mandated to treatment by court order, certain information discussed in therapy may have to be disclosed.
How do I pay for therapy?
Payments are due at the time of service unless other arrangements have been made in advance. Payments can be made with cash or check. Rates for service will be discussed during your initial free phone consultation and will be agreed upon before your first session. Full fee for this practice location for individual sessions are $175/ 50 min session. Fees are readjusted periodically. Changes in fees will be discussed in advance. Sliding scale rates may be available; however, this is not guaranteed and, if agreed upon, will be reevaluated regularly throughout treatment.
I work as an “Out of Network” provider and can give you a receipt for services that you may submit to your insurance company for reimbursement consideration. Although many insurance companies do reimburse for therapeutic services, I cannot guarantee reimbursement. If you plan to use insurance, I encourage you to check with your insurance provider to determine what mental health benefits you have.
How often would we meet and for how long?
Individual sessions typically last 50 minutes and occur weekly; however, the specifics of this as well as the duration of treatment can vary depending on your needs, goals, and level of engagement in treatment and will be discussed and determined based on what best fits your needs.
What happens if I need to cancel or reschedule my appointment?
I ask for all cancellations or rescheduling at this practice location to be made 24 hours in advance of your scheduled session. If an appointment is missed or cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, I will need to charge for the missed session, except in the event of an emergency or natural disaster.
What do I do if I am in a crisis situation?
In case of a medical or clinical emergency, including a threat to your safety or the safety of others, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
- 24-Hour Crisis/ Suicide Hotline: 1-877-727-4747
- ACCSESS/ LA County 24-Hour Crisis Hotline (PET/PMRT): 1-800-854-7771
- Teen Line: 1-800-852-8336
- NAMI: 1-800-950-6264
- Alzheimer's Association 24/7 Helpline: 1-800-272-3900
- US Department of Veterans Affairs: www.va.gov
- Veterans Crisis line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- Culver City Vet Center: 310-641-0326 Or 310-641-0326
- Alcohol/ Drug Helpline: 1-800-229-7708
- Recovery Village: www.therecoveryvillage.com/local-rehab-resources/california/culver-city/
- Drug Treatment Center Finder: www.drugtreatmentcenterfinder.com
- DrugRehab.com: 844-229-6830
- Sleep Support: www.tuck.com
- DCFS/ Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-540-4000
- LA County 24-Hour DV Hotline: 1-800-978-3600
- Victims of Crime: 1-800-777-9229
- Rape Treatment Center: 310-319-4000
- RAIIN: 1-800-656-HOPE
- The Trevor Project Helpline: 1-866-488-7386
- GLBT National Hotline: 1-888-843-4564
- LA County Information Line: 211
- UCLA Mindfulness Awareness Research Center: marc.ucla.edu
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute: www.sensorimotorpsychotherapy.org
- Silicon Beach Psychotherapy
- Good Therapy: www.goodtherapy.org
- Psychology Today: www.psychologytoday.com